Elena Molina is a specialist in intellectual property and information technologies (IP/IT). She has been a member of the Barcelona Bar since 2007 and Spanish Patent and Trademark Attorney since 2008. Having obtained her law degree from Pompeu Fabra University (Barcelona), she was awarded a scholarship with the Catalan Government to study postgraduate studies abroad. In 2001 she read her M.A. in European Studies at Coventry University (United Kingdom). Elena has more than ten years’ experience in IP/IT in leading law firms at national and international level. Chambers has ranked her as Intellectual Property lawyer in Spain.
Elena has a vast experience in almost all areas of IP/IT, including trademarks, patents, designs and copyrights, as well as in most IP/IT related areas, such as advertising, unfair competition and data protection, both from a contractual and/or strategic stanpoint and a contentious perspective.
Over the last years Elena has combined her work with academic activities. She is a professor in the Masters Degree of Online Business School (OBS) and regularly publishes and gives lectures on IP/IT law. Additionally, Elena is Secretary of the Standing Committee on Trademarks of the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI).
- Law degree from Pompeu Fabra University (Barcelona)
- M.A. in European Studies from Coventry University (United Kingdom)
- «Damages in patent litigation: conclusions from an empirical study» (co-author). Comunicaciones en Propiedad Industrial e Derecho de la Competencia (Instituto de Derecho y Ética Industrial – CEFI), No. 77, January-April 2016.
- «Safe harbours: an update on the research and Bolar exemptions to patent infringement» (co-author), Nature Biotechnology, Vol. 33, No. 7, July 2015.
- «Design Protection Smart Charts», Spanish Chapter (co-author). Wolter Kluwers, Sep. 2015.
- «Practical approach, from a comparative perspective, to civil patent proceedings» (in Spanish), Commemorative Book 50th anniversary of the Spanish Group of AIPPI.
- «Copyright infringement and digital photography: the Temple case» (in Spanish), Comunicaciones en Propiedad Industrial e Derecho de la Competencia (Instituto de Derecho y Ética Industrial – CEFI), No. 70, Sep.-Dec- 2013.
- «The sufficiency of description requirement in the European patents system» (co-author) (in Spanish), Actas de Derecho Industrial (ADI), No. 33, 2012-13.
- «The legal protection of genetic sequences» (co-author) (in Spanish), Revista de Derecho Mercantil, No. 285, 2012.